Friday, May 20, 2016

Problems Without Passports: Health, Disease, Language and Culture in Guatemala

I spent Summer 2015 in Oxford with another USC Problems Without Passports program called The Biology of Tropical Diseases. While we were there, we learned about some of the most pressing global health issues and general public health theories. It was really cool because not only were my classmates very insightful, but we got to work with the leading health professionals at Oxford University - each were the world's leading experts in their respective fields, some of them were inventors of the most promising Ebola and malaria vaccines, etc.

Anyways, this year, I was given the opportunity to take everything I learned in Oxford (and since then) and apply it to Guatemala. I'm not entirely sure what to expect from this trip, but I hope to come back with some basic ability to converse in Spanish and a bit more knowledge about a different corner of the world. I leave today, Friday, May 20 and will be back Sunday, June 12. ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment